Thank you for your interest in Eat Differently, LLC. Your privacy is important to us, and we strive to be transparent in our collection and utilization of your information. When we use “Eat Differently,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” this means Eat Differently, LLC.
What information does Eat Differently collect?
When you access our site, we may collect the following types of information from you:
- “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate you or that relates to you. Personal Information may include your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and demographic information. Personal Information includes Financial Information and Location Information and may include Technical Data.
- “Location Information” is a type of Personal Information that provides information about your geographic location and can be used to locate the device you use to access our site. Location Information may include a zip code, the location of the device you are using to access our site (which may be derived from IP-based geolocation), and any other information you or others make available that indicates your location.
- “Technical Data” is information that we collect about your device and your use of our site and may include your IP address or a unique identifier for a mobile device used to access our site, web browser, operating system, device model and manufacturer, performance issues, or activity on our site.
- Other information that you provide to us. This may include the content of your communications with us and contacts through social media channels.
How does Eat Differently collect my information?
We collect information from Users through several points on our site. This may include the following:
- Information you provide to us directly
- Information automatically collected when you access our site and when you enable location services on your device when accessing our site.
- Information collected through digital tools, including but not limited to cookies and pixels
- Information obtained from other sources, such as from social media networks (for example, when you interact with us by following us on Instagram, YouTube or Twitter.
By submitting your information through these various channels, you consent to receiving communications and content from Eat Differently, including but not limited to communications relating to important developments in the plant-based movement.
Please follow the instructions contained in this Policy to withdraw consent (opt out) or to limit our ability to receive certain types of information through our digital tools or the tools of our third-party partners.
Cookies and Pixels
How does Eat Differently, LLC use my information?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Communication with you: We may contact you to offer information and updates about our campaign
- We may use your information to help us improve the content and functionality of our site
- Improving campaigns and programs through planning, analysis, and other operational processes: By collecting User information, we are able to measure interest in our various campaigns and programs and use this information to better serve you and help make our advocacy efforts more effective.
- Legal purposes: We will use your information when required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, warrant, or similar legal process or if necessary to assert our rights or protect our assets.
- We may share your information internally and with third parties including, but not limited to, genv.org.
- We will not sell your Personal Information, and we will not share your Personal Information with any third parties except in the circumstances set out elsewhere in this Policy.
- De-identified information: We may also de-identify your information or aggregate your information with that of other Users. This de-identified information is not Personal Information because it cannot be used to identify you and may be used by us for any lawful purpose.
- Other purposes: In addition to the foregoing, we may use your information for any other reason that we tell you when we collect it or in an authorization or consent.
How can I opt out or correct or change my Personal Information?
We respect our Users’ choices and control over their information. You may opt out of email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all requests to provide records of available information, correct erroneous information, or remove personal information.
How is my information protected?
We use advanced security protocols to ensure the privacy of your information. We maintain data-security measures in line with current industry standards for our site to protect the Personal Information under its control against unauthorized access and disclosure. These measures include the implementation of reasonable industry-recommended technical, physical, and administrative data-security safeguards. Please keep in mind, however, that no data transmitted over the internet is 100 percent secure, and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient.
Are there additional privacy rights for California residents?
California law permits users that are residents of California to request the following information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes: (i) a list of certain categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received Personal Information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year; and (iii) examples of the products or services marketed (if we have that information). If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at email@example.com.
Notice for Children Under 13
We are committed to complying fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). Eat Differently, LLC does not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information (as defined in COPPA, 15 U.S.C. § 6501) from children under the age of 13, and no one under the age of 13 may provide any information to or through Eat Differently, LLC Sites. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that the child disclosed information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information of persons under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to delete this information.
European Union or Other Locations Outside the United States
Links to Other Sites
Our site may contain links to other sites that are external and not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by or content of such other sites, products, and services. We encourage you to be aware when you our site and to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites or services, as you will be subject to their policies, rules, and terms.
For questions specifically about your Personal Information, email
Or write us at:
Eat Differently, LLC
7522 Monarch Road
Niwot, CO 80503